What’s a Bookazine?

It’s not very often that you come across some Japanese/English that is actually more elegant than the English equivalent,I mean, they have changed Sandwhich to Sando, Grand Opening to Grand Open and Car Indicator to Winker (for god’s sake!).

But I was recently shocked to see on the back of an English magazine an advert for a cross between a book and a magazine, called, incredibly clumsily a Bookazine.

For years the Japanese have had the equivalent, called, much more elegantly, a MOOK.

How neat is that?

Leave a comment

Your comment